How should I prepare for my Lab testing?
- Fasting: Many Laboratory test results will not be very useful if the patient is not fasting. These tests include Cholesterol, HDL, Glucose, and many others. Usually, a 12 hour fast is recommended if fasting is required. Be sure to ask your Health Care Provider if you need to fast, and the duration of the fast if needed, before having your blood drawn.
- Medications: Unless otherwise instructed by your Health Care Provider, be sure to take your medications on the day of your blood draw. Ask your Health Care Provider if you should take any blood thinners such as Coumadin (Warfarin), Plavix, Pletal, Effient, Aggrenox, Pradaxa, Savaysa, Xarleto, Eliquis, or Brilinta before you have your blood drawn. Also inform the Phlebotomist or Medical Assistant if you are taking any blood thinners.
- Water: Be sure to drink plenty of water before your blood draw. Being hydrated makes your veins more easily accessible. Water can be consumed even if you are fasting.
- Patient Service Centers: If you will be testing at an ATVIVO Patient Service Center (PSC), make sure to bring a Photo ID, Insurance Card, and Provider’s laboratory order either as a Requisition or a Prescription.
When will my Laboratory Results be ready?
- Routine Laboratory tests will usually result within 24-48 hours to your Health Care Provider. More Esoteric testing can take up to a week or longer depending on the complexity. Your Health Care Provider will want to wait for all testing to be completed before informing you of your results and plan of action.
- COVID-19 results will be ready within 24-48 hours. You can call ATVIVO for your results at
(855)-668-3530 option 1. Please do not call before 48 hours to ensure that testing is completed and reviewed by your Health Care Provider.
What is the difference between a bill from ATVIVO Diagnostics and an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from my Insurance Company?
Every insurance company will send you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for office visits, procedures, and diagnostic testing. The Explanation of Benefits is an estimate of what payment you may be responsible for but is not always indicative of the amount that is your responsibility. You should wait to receive an invoice from ATVIVO Diagnostics before you call your Health Care Provider, Insurance Company, or ATVIVO Diagnostics. Payment plans are always available with ATVIVO Diagnostics.